Friday, March 12, 2010

Adios FTV!! (for 10 days)

Friday, March 12, 2010 Share: Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Facebook

FTV-2

The I&B ministry recently banned FTV for 10 days – Press release here. Of course, I am a long time fan of FTV, so my view is biased, but I am more worried about the time spent on these things instead of more pressing issues.

One would think that a Government with almost a clear mandate would know what it is doing but UPA 2.0 seems to have its priorities totally mixed up. Prices are out of control, the perpetrators of multiple terrorist attacks have not been brought to book, foreign policy is in shambles and there’s 4 more years to go!! *shudder*.

7 comments:

Mihir said...

Not that I support the ban in anyway - Let me choose what I want to see - but IMHO, your argument here is flawed. The I&B ministry cannot do much about the price rise and terrorism. Or foreign policy for that matter... hai na?

The Comic Project said...

My argument may be lazy, I agree. But the point is less about what I&B ministry does and more about what the Govt. must focus on. These are distractions that it best not deal with, and use the I&B ministry as a outreach tool, central to its communication strategy, if there is one, instead of getting it caught up in censorship issues. I figured a couple of paras below the toon would help but I need to work on my on I&B ;-)

Thanks for dropping in

Mr. Pramathesh™ Borkotoky said...

Well the government is trying to do what it can do. It does not have any problem with FTV or else it would have banned it for infinite days.

P.S. - I am also a fan of FTV. :)

Anonymous said...

what i want to know is have you done the illustration? :)

The Comic Project said...

@pramathesh borkotoky: my problem? I can't figure out what it is trying to do... :)
@anonymous: partially, yeah, the girl is obviously a clipart .. the running stick figures and sand are fully mine, the hand took time - done with help of reference images, the person and his moustache is me :-) I did want to use King Kong but that would have taken too much effort :)

theishu said...

Those who can do, do. Those who can't, undo.

Abhishek Maurya said...

Hi, your blog is great. I too have a blog for comics published in india. Indian are everywhere in the world so I want to reach all. Can we have link exchange for broader reach.
If you are interested then make a comment on http://rajcomicscollection.blogspot.com or sent me a mail at akmnitt@gmail.com with linked page.
Thanks for spreading comics in the world.

Post a Comment

Standard text - no abuse, stay on topic, etc.

 
Design by Pocket