Sunday, June 15, 2008

Time for change

Sunday, June 15, 2008 Share: Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Facebook

Have been very busy last few weeks. And it is time for change, not at TCP but for TCP, by TCP. About a few weeks ago, I decided to leave the company I worked for over 10 years, the second longest relationship of my adult life.

This company helped me establish myself as a professional,
took me places I had never dreamed of, allowed me to remain passionate and as crazy as I wanted to be (I did get slapped around a bit but that's maaf) and yet grow at a fairly good pace. My bosses pushed me hard enough to get the best out of me and the last one got me to drink more beers than I could manage :-), had supportive colleagues who backed me up and juniors who slogged it out to meet almost impossible deadlines and in doing so, made me successful. I loved working with each and every one of them even when we sometimes didn't agree and every day at work was something to look forward to.

Between sleeping under the office desk, pouring ice cold water into shirts of unsuspecting colleagues and turning around hopeless situations, taking on more than I could handle most times - I spent 10 fantastic years monkeying around, learning, growing. But this is where it ends I guess, because while there will be other jobs after this, there won't be this one, not like this.

Thanks.

9 comments:

Guran said...

I totally undestand the heart wrenching experience of leaving a place in which you have worked for so many years. I'd worked in a company for 5 years...it was painful leaving it. All the people working in it have dispersed all around the globe. But we all still keep in touch. And your buddie have such a beautiful place to keep in touch with you.. TCP.

Best luck for your future... you've got the beautiful heart which will make you succeed wherever you go... :)

I Think I'm the 1st to comment ... yipeee :)).

And one suggestion... do you think it might be a wee bit better to use mediafire for thecomiclinks...it has much less restrictions than rapidshare.

Cloudy said...

guran thinks, but cloudy claims! Hahaha First!

TCP, lucky you to have loved your work place so much. Me, I've hated my workplace, given my boses hell, and have been way too outspoken. But I did make great friends, that's something.
Good luck to you!

motku said...

Good Luck TCP .. spread the craziness , sometimes it makes the workplace - a worthwhile place to hang on to.

Atma said...

I am second.

Guran just thinks for the position.
Cloudy claims it. and motku forgets it.

so I am second.

Best of luck TCP. yes it takes lots or emotions when you leave a place where you are associated for more than 10 years. Wow how could you stick to one place for such a long time.

best of luck for your future.

Dr. Rishi Mantri said...

BEST OF LUCK DUDE !!!

ray said...

Hi ,

I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be wow.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;

BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!

This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who knows.. :)

Cheers,

adibud34 said...

All the best to you, TCP! It must be kinda sad to leave a place after such a long time there, but then the future is always exciting to await!

DesiGuru said...

first of all, welcome back! we missed you! The Original is back in business again!

then, i claim 3rd position, as it was not claimed so far. So, i m third!

then, abt the post, i m in my current company (the 4th in my 15 yrs career) for last 7 years, and decided to look for options in market. hvn't got any so far, but have the exact same feeling as yours. my company has also helped me a lot during these 7 years. i have not been looking around in the market, and may get something in near future, but the parting will be painful from this company.

u know what, i still visited TCP almost every months, just to check if it comes back to life! There are others, a lot, but TCP is still the original. I would say, the new Virgin Comics are good, but still Indrajal has its own place. and to avoid the long url, i hv got a free url http://www.indiacomics.co.cc/ for the site. .co.cc is free domain names, so used it.

ichatteralot said...

The best year of my work life still is and will always be the time we spent on CS rollouts - thats why this workplace will always be special. All the best for the new job!

Post a Comment

Standard text - no abuse, stay on topic, etc.

 
Design by Pocket